Parent Organization: Contracted Independent Organizations
The mission of the Business Ethics Society is to promote active and critical study, discussion, and analysis of applied business ethics and corporate social responsibility at the University of Virginia. The Business Ethics Society will provide current and future University of Virginia students the forum to interact amongst other students, professors, and business leaders, through open evaluation and discussion of relevant ethical, philosophical, and legal concerns of the past and present and their subsequent applications in business. Likewise, the Business Ethics Society will encourage and foster academic research, critical examination, scholastic development, and other related educational and developmental opportunities both within and outside of the immediate University of Virginia community.
1. Educate: Provide resources for Members to Research and Explore Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility.
2. Discuss: Provide students, faculty, and business leaders a forum for open discussion about the role that ethics play in business decisions.
3. Promote: Provide an academic foundation that will encourage a focus on ethics in the personal and professional lives of members.
Business Ethics Society (BES) Will Achieve These Objectives In a Plethora of Ways:
Including But Not Limited To:
1) Panel Presentations
2) General Meetings
3) Guest Speakers
4) Encouragement and Support of Student Research and Publication
5) Online Academic Materials Related to Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
6) Available Case Studies Online and Case Study Seminars/Events